IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! BLOGGING FROM BURLINGTON: The War in Iraq

In todays society everybody seems to enjoy watching and reading about other peoples lives. Well here is a taste of my life.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

The War in Iraq

I am a veteran. I served 3 years in the US Navy aboard the USS Essex. I spent more than a couple of months in the middle east after the last Gulf war. I hated it. I did not agree with the last one and I certainly do not agree with the current occupation. In fact, I strongly oppose it as do many of you. Please share your thoughts with me on this.

I started writing this after reading about the Evil Mr Rumsfield's visit with troops in Kuwait today. A soldier asked a question about the equipment being used and it's readiness for battle. His response was something like this - "We go to war with the army that we have, not the army we wish we had".

What the hell kind of response is that? These men and women are going to occupy a country where many of them will get injured or killed. Our army was sent to war before it was ready and without a plan. That just fucking sucks. I am sorry but I get sick everytime I think about it.

That is all for today.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Counters
Free Hit Counter